About the Terwillegar Community League
The Terwillegar Community League represents Edmontonians living south of 23 Avenue to Anthony Henday Drive, and east from Terwillegar Drive to the Blackmud Creek.
To encourage a safe, friendly and active neighbourhood by providing programs and services that promote family and community, and acting as an advocate by representing the needs and interests of the community’s members.
Within Our Scope
To encourage a Safe neighbourhood ...
- Neighbourhood Watch
- Traffic Committee
To encourage a Friendly neighbourhood ...
- Social events
- Volunteer Opportunities
To encourage an Active neighbourhood ...
Acting as an advocate ...
- Assessing Needs
- Partnering in New Initiatives
- Communicating with LocalGoverning Bodies
Outside Our Scope
- snow removal
- noise concerns (parties, barking dogs, etc.)
- traffic violations
Click to read the Terwillegar Community League Bylaws (April 18, 2004)
Residents' Association or Community League?
There are two different types of groups operating in our neighbourhood, with two distinctly separate purposes:
- Residents’ Association: Responsible for the maintenance of specific plots of designated land. It is also responsible for the regulation of neighbourhood architecture, including mailboxes, plants, fence color and more. Annual fees are required and residents are contacted directly if payment has been missed. Local residents' assocations include Terwillegar Gardens Homeowners Asssocation, Terwillegar Towne Homeowners Association, Magrath Heights Homeowners Association, and The Uplands of Mactaggart.
- Community League: Responsible for the personality factor and all the extras. This includes all of those fun events you get to attend, this website, the Terwillegar Tribune, neighbourhood watch, and more. Membership fees are optional, but comes with benefits (beyond simply helping to support our community events, playgrounds and more).
Fees for the two groups are completely separate, and thus fees for one organization do not cover fees required for the other. Please ensure your fees are up-to-date.