Benefits to Community League Membership
Do you live near a playground, walking/biking trails, a skating rink, or tennis courts? Do you have access to a playschool, a playgroup or after school care in your community? If these programs are offered in a community league building they are often subsidized by your community league and assist organizations in offering affordable programs to members and residents of our community. As summer approaches many of the playgrounds in this area will be staffed with playground leaders, skateboard and tennis coaches. These programs are drop in programs that are free to the public and yes, your community leagues finance them with membership dollars, grants and fundraising.
Further benefits of maintaining a community league membership include free community swim on Saturdays, a 10% discount towards annual or multi admission passes at City of Edmonton recreation facilities, and free skate tags. Your community league also organizes celebrations in each of your neighborhoods that promote community spirit and cohesiveness. Even if you do not participate in any of the above programs or take advantage of the events or facilities in your community, we hope that you agree that community leagues help make our community a better place to live, work and play.
What's in it for You?
Terwillegar Community League supports the areas of Terwillegar Towne, South Terwillegar, Terwillegar Greens, Terwillegar Gardens, Sandalwood, Magrath, Citadel of Magrath and MacTaggart. If you live in these areas, please consider joining your community league. When you join the Terwillegar Community League, you have access to our free activities and programs and at partnering leagues in the Riverbend/Terwillegar area:
- Free community swim on Saturdays from 5:00-7:00PM at the Terwillegar Rec Centre. 225 spots available on first come, first served basis. Please bring your community league membership card.
- Free skating at any City of Edmonton outdoor boarded rinks. Please wear your skate tags!
- 10% discount on annual passes or on multi admission passes at City of Edmonton's Recreation facilities. For more information call 311 or visit the EFCL web site.
- Neighborhood safety and crime watch program
- Input on planning parks, green spaces, and community programming.
- Access to community based preschool, sports, and garden programs
- A chance to meet your neighbors and give back right where you live
- Your community league hosts the free social events that you see advertised like the Family Day Winter Carnival, Canada Day Bike Parade, and Halloween Grab Bags!
- The community league also supports the free Summer Fun in the Park program, the skateboard park and more!
- Access to community sports such as soccer, basketball, hockey and softball.
- Access to other programs like babysitting courses, girl zone, bike safety courses and more.
- Reduced rates for some Community League programs.
- Discount Sport Tickets - go to www.efcl.org/Activities
Please note: All memberships expire annually on August 31, regardless of the date they were purchased. Fees are not pro-rated.
Purchase a Membership
2018/19 Community League Memberships are now available for purchase.
To purchase a Terwillegar Community League membership please click the button below, complete all required fields in the registration form, and proceed to the payment page. Your membership card will be mailed to you as soon as possible. Processing time is approximately 1-2 weeks. If you require your membership number for sports registration please email email@example.com.
|Family||2 adults + any children under 18 living in one household||
|Single||1 adult in 1 household||
|Senior||2 seniors in 1 household||
|Adult||2 adults in 1 household||
The Terwillegar Community League is a member of the Edmonton Federation of Community Leagues (EFCL).
The mission of the Edmonton Federation of Community Leagues is to enhance the quality of life in Edmonton by supporting the community league movement.
Feel Free to Contact Us
To find out how you can access your membership card and benefits please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank you in advance for your patience and continued commitment to community leagues in Terwillegar.